Friday, 8 February 2013

All Squared Up

I happened to be organising some fabric when I noticed that these cotton squares in rather muted solid colours went rather well with a piece of hand dyed fabric. I laid them out on the background and liked the result. But what to do with it? I left it lying around for a few days. Then, inspired by watching a session on Design Matters TV with Linda Kemshall (I've recently subscribed to this wonderful on-line textile art resource), where she created a lovely cushion using kantha quilting, I decided to give it a go. I'm sticking to simple blocks of kantha quilting for this, just to get a sense of the technique.  

This project also gave me the idea for creating 'Serendipity Quilts',  where an idea just happens by sheer chance.




1 comment:

  1. This is going to be gorgeous! I just love the use of colour, and I hope you are incorporating that flower too - so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete