Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Stack and Whack - a new obsession



As if English paper piecing and foundation piecing weren't enough to be going on with, I have discovered yet another addictive technique....stack and whack or kaleidoscope quilts. Having taken a class at my local quilt shop with the wonderful Betty Croke, I have just about completed quilting the top and adding the borders to a quillow. No photos yet as the final piece will be a present. But the design is the same pattern as the quilt on the front of the May 2013 edition of British Patchwork and Quilting.



                                                 Picture of British Patchwork & Quilting May 2013

I enjoyed this so much that I bought some beautiful  Foxglove fabric by Philip Jacobs for Rowan, to make another medallion Star Quillow for myself. Background fabric for the medallions will be in Moda solid matching the powder blue of the foxglove background.


Foxglove by Philip Jacobs for Rowan

No comments:

Post a Comment