Saturday, 19 October 2013

Little Red Rooster

A few of my stitching friends have been making a rooster using whatever technique we like, embroidery, goldwork, or in my case, applique. It is based on a design from the April/May edition of the Embroiderers' Guild Stitch magazine. I fussy cut some scraps from my stash which I think has worked quite well. At the moment he is just fixed with bondaweb. I'm going to use him as an experiment in machine applique  with Big Daisy, my new Janome Horizon, so I can try out some of the embroidery stitches. I think he'll become a little mini quilt.


Meanwhile I have finished piecing my Hexagon quilt, Foxglove Fancy, made in a recent stack and whack class. Pictures to be posted soon. And I continue to work on piecing the Windmill Quilt....so many points to match!

Joining in today with the Slow Blogging Linky

Knotted Cotton

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks complicated. It looks fantastic now, so I can only imagine it is going to look amazing once you're finished with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks brilliant - I am so looking forward to seeing him finished! Good luck with your windmill points:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have just stumbled across your blog via Catherine at Knotted Cotton. The rooster looks fab, but I love your indigo quilt as I have a real weakness for boro textiles. Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Прекрасная аппликация! Ярко.

    ReplyDelete