Thursday, 28 November 2013

Wintergreen - some Christmas sewing

I may have been a bit quiet of late, but I have been stitching!  This table runner is pieced from the Wintergreen charm square collection by Moda. It is a very traditional look but that's what I wanted.

Because I am focusing on learning accurate piecing, working with charm squares was quite a challenge as they are not consistently 5" squares. They have their advantages in that you get lovely collections but I think I will avoid them in the future unless the project calls for smaller units which could then be cut accurately from the charm squares.



I also made some BIG bunting and enjoyed it very much so I have fabric to make some small bunting to hang from the mantelpiece at Christmas. 



I have also finished quilting Foxglove Fancy and will post pics when I have sewn down the binding. An expensive buy at Harrogate was a 1/4" dual feed foot for my Janome Horizon But it made for very accurate machine stitching of the binding on the tablerunner and on the Foxglove quilt, and really helped with sewing the mitred corners.

Projects in the pipeline are a pin cushion and tidy for me to have by my sewing machine, and a Nook cover for my SIL. 

And last, but by no means least, an early Christmas present from my big brother...a Gidget II sewing table which allows me to quilt at table level with Big Daisy!  A real treat.



Linking up with Brit Sewing Thursday. 

3 comments:

  1. Just what I've been looking for! I've been thinking of trading my sewing machine for a larger quilting one, but my Horn cabinet is a touch too small. I hadn't heard of these tables, but they look just the job. Will have to investigate! Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table runner and bunting look lovely. And what a nice brother you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow what a stunning table runner! I love those fabrics. And I always love a bit of Christmas bunting! The table is the perfect gift, I have to say I'm very envious. I've found the same to with pre-cut packs, I thought they would be completely accurate but they are not. It's really put me off. (not that I use them much anyway) but it did surprise me. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete